Marriage is no joke. Infact its far from that.. it’s sacrifice, sacrifice and lots more sacrifice on a womans part… sometimes I find it really unfair. Why do woman have to leave everything and change completely for their husbands when they just continue living their normal lives… we joke about married women saying they live on borrowed time… well, FOR NOW I’LL LET IT GO… I’ll come back to that when my time comes… no doubt, marriage is a beautiful Sunnah.
Abdullah ibn Masud (RA) said, “If I only had 10 days to live, I’d still want the company of a wife in them.”
‘Wa la sawfa yu’teeka rabbuka fatardhaa’ «— ♡”And soon your Lord will give you that which you shall be happy/satisfied/ well pleased with.” (Q93:V5)♡
We want something everlasting… We want our Allah to be pleased with us… We want Jannah…. And to obtain it, is not easy. there is no lifts to success we have to take the stairs…Therefore, please read the entire post, for surely the advice is very beneficial for each other .. Shukran.
May Allah bless the married couples, the love like the love of Nabi SAW and Aisha RA… And May Allah grant ppl like me and others suitable spouses that will be the best… May Allah make all spouses such that they will hand in hand take each other into JANNAHTUL FIRDOUS… Aameen…
P.S. First to love and then to part is the greatest sorrow of my heart. . .(sigh)
“DEPARTURE: something I hate, I smurf, I detest, I (every adjective for hate)…” So for now I’ll enjoy a bowl of fresh Natural Vanilla Ice cream and I’ll let it melt away my sorrow! TBC. . .
—》[Below is forwarded as received, JZK] 《—
Tips For L♥√ع in Your Marriage From The Quran, Ahadeeth & Pious Ones.
1. Fear Allah: It was the noble practice of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) to remind the spouses about the fear for Allah before performing a Nikaah, by reciting few verses on Taqwa (eg. An Nisaa V-1 ) from the Qur’an. All the verses are common in the message of Taqwa (fear of Allah). The spouses will be first committed to Allah before being committed to their partner. There can be no doubt in the success of a marriage governed by the fear of Allah (SWT)
2. Never be angry at the same time: Anger is the root cause for all marital disputes. One Sahabi (RA) came to Rasulullah (SAW) to ask for advise. Rasulullah (SAW) replied, … control your anger. The same advice was rendered three times. (Mishkaat)
3. If one has to win an argument, let it be the other; Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “Whoever discards an argument despite being correct shall earn a palace in the centre of Jannah.
4. Never shout at each other unless the house is on fire: Luqman (AS) while offering advice to his son said: ” and lower your voice for verily the most disliked voice is that of a donkey”. (Surah Luqman v19)
5. If you have to criticize/advice, do it lovingly: Rasulullah (SAW) said, ‘A Mu’min is a mirror for a Mu’min.’ (Abu Dawud) Advise with dignity and silently.
6. Never bring up mistakes of the past: Rasulullaah (SAW) said: “Whoever conceals the faults of others, Allah (SWT) shall conceal his faults on the day of Qiyaamah.” (Mishkaat)
7. Neglect the whole world rather than your marriage partner; Nabi (SAW) confirmed the advice of Salman(RA) to Abu-Darda (RA) for neglecting his wife. “Verily there is a right of your wife over you.” (Nasaai)
8. Never sleep with an argument unsettled: Abu Bakr (RA) resolved his dispute with his wife over-feeding the guests before going to bed. (Bukhari)
9. At least, once everyday, express your gratitude to your partner: Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, ‘Whoever does not show gratitude to the people has not shown gratitude to Allah.’ (Abu Dawud)
10. When you have done something wrong, be ready to admit it and ask for forgiveness: Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, ‘All the sons of Adam commit mistakes, and the best of those who do mistakes are those who seek forgiveness.’ (Tirmidhi)
—》 Beautiful Advice!
Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal’s (Rahmatullah Alayh) advice to his son on his wedding day:
Dear son, you will not attain good fortune in your home except by 10 characteristics which you show to your wife, so remember them and be enthusiastic in acting upon them.
As for the first two; women like attention and they like to be told clearly that they are loved. So don’t be stingy in expressing your love for your wife. If you become limited in expressing your love, you will create a barrier of harshness between you and her, and there will be a decrease in affection.
3. Ladies hate a strict, overcautious man, yet they seek to use the soft vulnerable one. So use each quality appropriately. This will be more appealing for love and it will bring you peace of mind.
4. Ladies like from their husbands what their husbands like from them, i.e. kind words, good looks, clean clothes and a pleasant odour. Therefore, always remain in that state.
5. Indeed, the house is under the sovereignty of the woman. While she remains therein, she feels that she is sitting upon her throne, and that she is the chief of the house . Stay clear of destroying this kingdom of hers and do not ever attempt to dethrone her, otherwise you will be trying to snatch her sovereignty. A king gets most angry at he who tries to strip him of his authority, even if he portrays to show something else.
6. A woman wants to love her husband, but at the same time she does not want to lose her family. So do not put yourself and her family in the same scale, because then her choice will be down to either you or her family. And even if she does choose you over her family, she will remain in anxiety, which will then turn into hatred towards you in your daily life.
7. Surely woman has been created from a curved rib, and this is the secret of her beauty, and the secret of the attraction towards her. And this is no defect in her. So if she errs, do not rebuke her in a manner in which there is no gentleness, attempting to straighten her; otherwise you will simply break her and her breaking, is her divorce. At the same time do not let her off upon that mistake, otherwise her crookedness will increase and she will become arrogant with her ego. Thereafter, she will never soften for you and she won’t listen to you, so stay in between the two.
8. It is in the women’s nature to be ungrateful towards their husbands and to deny favours. If you were to be nice to her for her whole life but you grieved her once, she will say, “I have never seen any good from you”. So don’t let this attitude of her make you dislike her or to run away from her. If you dislike this feature of hers, you will be pleased with some other good habits within her, so create a balance.
9. Surely there are times when a woman goes through some conditions of bodily weakness and fatigue of the mind. Such that Allah has relieved her of some of her compulsory worships. Therefore, treat her in a Godly manner, you should also lessen your demands and instructions from her.
10. Last but not least, know that a woman is like a captive with you. Therefore, have mercy upon her.
May Allah grant us the ability to practice upon what we have read… Aameen